1A/2A Section Region 1 Teams
Capitol School, Florala, Goshen, Heritage Christian, Holy Spirit, Horseshoe Bend, Kinston, New Brockton, Pleasant Home, Reeltown, St. Luke's, Washington County, Westminster-Oak Mountain, Zion Chapel
1A/2A Section Region 1 Roster
Local Hotel Information
Sectional 5K Map
303 Dryer Avenue, Daphne, AL 36526
9:00AM Combined 1A/2A, 3A, 5A Girls 5K
9:45AM Combined 1A/2A, 3A, 5A Boys 5K
Loxley Municipal Park;
4198 Municipal Park Dr , Loxley, AL 36551
Parking is located on the west side of the park.
Tents: There will be a designated area for all team tents.
From I-10: Take Exit 44 and go South on AL-59; Park will be on the right after 1 Mile.
From I-65: Take Exit 37 and go South on AL-287; AL-287 turns into AL-59; Go south for 21 miles; Park will be on your right.
5K grass course with sidewalk crossings, marked with paint. Spikes recommended.
$75 per gender team; if less than five runners, $15 per athlete; $150 max per school
Make all checks payable to Bayside Academy. Please bring either a check or a copy of the purchase order for the entry fee. Schools may mail checks to host school (Bayside). Please visit the registration table to take care of payment and retrieve meet packet.
All entries must be submitted online at al.milesplit.us.
Each school is allowed to enter a max of 10 athletes.
Entry deadline is Monday, October 30 at 9:59PM CDT
Individual Medals: Top 10 per Classification per gender
Team Awards: Top 2 per Classification per gender
Special Rules- From AHSAA Fall Sports Book-
1. A team must participate in a section qualifying meet in order to be eligible for the state meet.
2. Submit entries via the Alabama Runners website (www.alabamarunners.com) one week before the section meet.
3. A school competing in a section meet may enter a maximum of 10 runners in each division in which it enters.
4. A school competing in the state meet may enter a maximum of 10 runners in each division in which it qualifies.
5. Individuals and teams may qualify for the state meet at a section meet.
6. Running combined races in section meets is permitted at the discretion of the section meet director.
7. Schools may substitute team members between the section and state meets.
8. The assignment of teams in the starting boxes at the state meet will be based on section winners, runners-up, and third place finishers.
9. Schools that fail to participate in a section meet after submitting entry forms are subject to a monetary fine.
10.Use of GPS tracking/timing devices by participants is not allowed.
Section Qualifying Meets:
Section qualifying meets must be held Nov. 2-4, 2017.
The girls and boys divisions in each class of a section meet will qualify:
(a) The top three teams
(b) The top six individuals not on the section rosters of the three qualifying
- No discussions yet. Be the first!