The Southern Showcase - Huntsville High AL XC meet this fall
07/05/2019 7:24:26 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Good evening! Huntsville High will again be hosting a major invitational this fall and it is Saturday, 9/21. This fall's meet will be the ground breaking event on the new course. It has been designed with the idea of hosting national caliber meets, including NCAA nationals, and in our humble opinion will be second to none. Running through the old municipal golf course acreage, it will now offer a full, honest 5k, not a looped course, with the surface being all low cut, fast race worthy grass with some rolling hills. The starting area is adjacent to the finish area in the new setup, which was not the case and acted as one of the major weaknesses of the previous course. The start is extremely wide, and runs straight for roughly 650 meters before a slight right turn. There is one real hill on the course around the 2nd mile mark, but a reward for the hill is that a lot of the course is straight and downhill. We feel it has the chance to be an honest, but at the same time pretty fast course. We are still working through a few details such as start times and divisions with the Parks department, so all specific details are TBD BUT we will be starting early Saturday morning. The first high school race will likely begin at 8:30. I am sending out an email to coaches I have in my contacts today after I post this with a course layout map, and a teaser video of the course. If you read this and do not receive the email, please let me know and I will send it to you directly. We will do our best to create a championship feel for the meet by organizing most of the divisions based on competitiveness. For example, the most competitive level will have the top 12-20 teams' top 7 runners and they will be introduced to the starting line. There will be a larger JV division to go along with a few other competitive divisions (the number of these will be based on the overall amount of teams & athletes entered), and there will be a Junior High division as well. If you plan on coming from out of town and staying on Friday night in the city, please reach out to me ASAP. The meet link is below. Feel free to reach out to me through email or text anytime if you have questions! [url=https://al.milesplit.com/meets/356271/info#.XR-2_NNKgcg]https://al.milesplit.com/meets/356271/info#.XR-2_NNKgcg[/url] Sincerely, Blake Borden blakebordenhhs@gmail.com 256-529-2206
Good evening!

Huntsville High will again be hosting a major invitational this fall and it is Saturday, 9/21.

This fall's meet will be the ground breaking event on the new course. It has been designed with the idea of hosting national caliber meets, including NCAA nationals, and in our humble opinion will be second to none. Running through the old municipal golf course acreage, it will now offer a full, honest 5k, not a looped course, with the surface being all low cut, fast race worthy grass with some rolling hills. The starting area is adjacent to the finish area in the new setup, which was not the case and acted as one of the major weaknesses of the previous course. The start is extremely wide, and runs straight for roughly 650 meters before a slight right turn. There is one real hill on the course around the 2nd mile mark, but a reward for the hill is that a lot of the course is straight and downhill. We feel it has the chance to be an honest, but at the same time pretty fast course.

We are still working through a few details such as start times and divisions with the Parks department, so all specific details are TBD BUT we will be starting early Saturday morning. The first high school race will likely begin at 8:30. I am sending out an email to coaches I have in my contacts today after I post this with a course layout map, and a teaser video of the course. If you read this and do not receive the email, please let me know and I will send it to you directly.

We will do our best to create a championship feel for the meet by organizing most of the divisions based on competitiveness. For example, the most competitive level will have the top 12-20 teams' top 7 runners and they will be introduced to the starting line. There will be a larger JV division to go along with a few other competitive divisions (the number of these will be based on the overall amount of teams & athletes entered), and there will be a Junior High division as well.

If you plan on coming from out of town and staying on Friday night in the city, please reach out to me ASAP. The meet link is below. Feel free to reach out to me through email or text anytime if you have questions!

https://al.milesplit.com/meets/356271/info#.XR-2_NNKgcg

Sincerely,

Blake Borden

blakebordenhhs@gmail.com 256-529-2206

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.