2021 Indoor Track State Championship at The Birmingham CrossPlex February 5-6, 2021
Coaches Meeting will be virtual on Wednesday February 3 at 3:00 p.m. for Classes 1A-3A and 4A-5A. Classes 6A and 7A will be at 4:00 p.m. You will be receiving a link via email to join the conference via phone or computer.
State Indoor Track Meet Guidelines:
- State Meet qualifiers will be based on the standards listed in the current 2020-21 Indoor Sports Book (see page 135).
- The Top 12 qualifiers that have met the AHSAA Indoor Sports Book standards must be entered into alabamarunners.com by the deadline Monday, February 1 st , 2021, midnight. No late entries accepted. o All events are finals.
- The State Track Meet will be held in four sessions (two each day) with each division competing in a separate session. [Friday Feb. 5th : Session 1--1A-3A begins at 8:00 am; Session 2--4A-5A begins at 3:00 pm] [Saturday, Feb. 6th: Session 3--6A begins at 8:00 am; Session 4--7A begins at 3:00 pm].
- After each session is completed, we will clear the facility to clean.
- Athletes and coaches not actively participating in an event must wear facial coverings at all times. Announcements will be made about social distancing and wearing masks throughout the meet.
- Award medals will be placed on a designated table. Individual medals will be award to the top three places. Each runner is responsible for collecting his/her medal at the table. Event staff will be present to verify who picks up the medal.
- Announcer will announce the medalists after each race and team awards at the end.
- Team trophies for runner-up and winner will be on the table for the head coach to pick up. A team picture will be taken in designated location to be taken by the AHSAA photographer only. Team members and coaches must wear a wear mask when collecting awards and during pictures.
CAPACITY and TICKETS:
- No tickets will be sold at the door. All tickets will be sold through GoFan.
- The number of tickets available for sale each day will be limited. GoFan will provide each school a private code to share with parents to purchase tickets. Each school's allotment of tickets will be distributed based on number of participating schools/student- athletes competing. Ex. two tickets per student-athlete that qualifies (for individual entries). Ticket codes will be sent to schools and opened for purchase starting Tuesday February 2, 2021. On Thursday February 4, 2021, any tickets remaining after the private sale will be available to the general public.
- Tickets are $10.00 each session plus a processing fee.
- Teams will sit in stands opposite of spectators and must spread out in bleachers. Athletes and coaches in the stands must wear a mask at all times.
- Only cards from coaches and administrators from participating schools will accepted.
- Special Passes, 25-year, 30-year, or official cards will not be allowed through the pass gate for the 2021 season.
GENERAL POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Coaches, officials, and volunteers will wear masks at all times.
- Encore Trainer will be on site.
- Both days will be live streamed on the NFHS Network & AlabamaRunners