The schedule for the AHSAA Sports Week Track portion have been announced.
Meet Index Videos Devin King Interview - After 18-00 Jump (via MileSplit)
Over 1700 photos of the Dauphin Street Vault. Part of our Dauphin Street Vault coverage
The low bar at the Dauphin Street Vault opened Saturday morning at 5ft with some of the youngest vaulters in the country pounding the runway.
For those of you that are not familiar with a "Street vault" imagine a group of people shutting down a street or sidewalk, throwing up a makeshift runway leading to a set of mats and standards. Now the same people run and vault. There you have it......a street vault. The best one in the southeast? The Dauphin Street Vault. If you are free on Saturday, this is the place to be!
Athletes from all over the state have been at Cross Country camps this summer. A few weeks ago we asked you guys to send us your pictures. Here are all of the camp pics we got over the last few days.
The University of Mobile Rams have announced their 2014 signing class.
Randolph graduate, Eshan King, is the subject of today's Senior Spotlight.
Former Tuskeegee University athlete, Alice Coachman, who became the first black woman to win an Olympic gold medal when she captured the high jump for the United States at the 1948 London Games, died on Monday in Albany, Ga. She was 90.
People generally don’t understand what it takes to train distance runners. Competitive distance running is more involved than recreational jogging. Because just about anyone can jog, people assume anyone can be a distance runner. It is comical when people assume all we do as coaches is tell our athletes to go for a run. I smile and allow what people say about assuming to be true- for them.
Effective with the 2015 high school track and field season, the prohibition of jewelry will be eliminated. This was one of several rules changes recommended by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Track and Field Rules Committee at its June 16-18 meeting in Indianapolis. The committee’s recommendations were subsequently approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.
This was a big weekend for the club circuit, We had athletes competing in the AAU Nationals and USATF Region 6.
Each year distance runners from all over the state make a pilgramage to their favorite distance running camps. Packing a few pairs of shoes, snacks, their lucky socks, a water bottle, and random stuffed animals, these athletes eagerly wait all summer for this week. We chronicle their trip with their own pictures.
Austin HS sprinter Kendrick Smith is the focus of today's senior spotlight.
Birmingham-Southern will host a USATF Level 1 Coaching Class July 18-20. (via MileSplit)
Register or Login to post. (via MileSplit)
EUGENE, ORE. >> Transitioning from high school to college can be daunting. Unless your name is Marshay Ryan. (via publicopiniononline.com)
Alabama Runners & MileSplit are currently looking for the future state superstar personalitites! Think you have what it takes to do interviews each week? Apply within!
Fairhope Hurdler Aswan Duncan is the focus of the Senior Spotligt today.
Wondering who is competing at the USATF Region 6 Meet? Here you go!
Have a folder with a ton of old results? We want them! AlabamaRunners is in the process of compiling old performances and we cannot do it alone.
A trio of University of South Alabama freshmen travelled to Oregon's Hayward Field this weekend and logged top-10 finishes at the USA Track and Field Junior Outdoor Championships, a competition boasting the top talent under the age of 20 from across the country. (via University of South Alabama)
Cross Country Camp Season is upon us. Did Bob get lost on a run? Did Jill fall in a pond? I want to hear your stories and I also want your pictures!
Today's senior spotlight is Paul Richardson of Whitesburg Christian Academy.
Today we look at DeAria Riley of Brewbaker Tech.
- How do I add a meet to the cross country calendar?
- Husky Invitational 2014
- 8th Annual Waffle House / Yellow Jackets Invitational 2014
- Coaches, Invite to 42nd Trailblazer Invitational
- Article Comment: NFHS Gives Bling the Go-Ahead - Jewelry Now Legal
- Article Comment: Calling All Coaches: We Want Your Old Results
- Preseason 1A-7A XC rankings
- Preseason Race at Oakville Indian Mounds Education Center
- Article Comment: Senior Spotlight: DeAria Riley - Brewbaker Tech
- 4-8 HJ by Colton Smith @ North Alabama Jr High Championships
- AAU Junior Olympic Games
- Tupelo Christian Preparatory School Invitational
- CCC Kickoff Classic
- Elkmont Invitational
- Belmont Opener
- Early Bird Twilight Classic Under the Lights
- Berry College Clara Bowl Invitational
- Brooks High School XC Invitational
- Brooks Memphis Twilight Classic
- Lawrence County/Cold Springs Pepsi Challenge
- Kendrick Smith to Lindsey Wilson College
- Lj Patterson to University of Alabama at Huntsville
- Wesley Curles to Auburn University
- Milan McGruder to Birmingham-Southern College
- Edward Shelton to Lees-McRae College
- Blake Kennedy to University of Montevallo
- Asia Hart to Queens University of Charlotte
- Kiara Brown to Alabama A&M
- Alaina Norman to Limestone College
- Terry Lewis Jr to Mississippi College