7A SECTION 4
SITE: Huntsville - John Hunt Running Park: 2151 Airport Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35801DATE: 10/28/21
DIRECTOR: Blake Borden, Huntsville High School, 2304 Billie Watkins Ave., Huntsville, AL 35801
Phone: 256-428-8050 (school) or 256-529-2206 (cell) Fax: 256-428-8051
Albertville, Austin, Bob Jones, Florence, Grissom, Huntsville, James Clemens, Sparkman
After consulting with Huntsville Parks and Recreation who manages John Hunt Park, we are going to make an adjustment to the schedule tomorrow and shift races to the afternoon due to the weather forecast. Here is the updated schedule:
2:15 PM - 6A Girls
2:40 - 7A Boys
3:05 - 6A Boys
3:30 - 7A Girls
*We will begin 6A/7A awards as soon as we get the printed results for 6A. We will follow the order of races for the awards. Estimated start will be 3:50 PM.
4:00 - 1A/2A Boys
4:25- 4A Girls
4:50 - 1A/2A Girls
5:20 - 4A Boys
*We will begin 1A/2A & 4A awards as soon as we get the printed results. We will follow the order of races. Estimated start time is 5:25 PM.
*****$5 for Parking*******
Event Parking: Please inform all parents and family members who plan to drive to the meet that parking is $5 CASH ONLY for all cars.
Bus parking will be free and available on site.
ENTRY DEADLINE: 10/25/21 MIDNIGHT
Special Rules- From AHSAA Fall Sports Book-
1. A team must participate in a section qualifying meet in order to be eligible for the state meet.
2. Submit entries via the Alabama Runners website (www.alabamarunners.com) one week before the section meet.
3. A school competing in a section meet may enter a maximum of 10 runners in each division in which it enters.
4. A school competing in the state meet may enter a maximum of 10 runners in each division in which it qualifies.5. Individuals and teams may qualify for the state meet at a section meet.
6. Running combined races in section meets is permitted at the discretion of the section meet director.
7. Schools may substitute team members between the section and state meets.
8. The assignment of teams in the starting boxes at the state meet will be based on section winners, runners-up, and third place finishers.
9. Schools that fail to participate in a section meet after submitting entry forms are subject to a monetary fine.
10.Use of GPS tracking/timing devices by participants is not allowed.
Section Qualifying Meets:
Section qualifying meets must be held Oct 28-30, 2021. The girls and boys divisions in each class of a section meet will qualify:
(a) The top four teams(b) The top six individuals not on the section rosters of the four qualifying teams
ENTRY FEE: The entry fee is $15 per athlete with a maximum of $75 per school per race i.e. school who has a Varsity Girls team and a Varsity Boys team would pay $150.
Check payable to Huntsville High Cross Country. If mailing, please send to - HHS XC 1106 Westmoreland Ave SE Huntsville 35801 - but I would prefer you bring your check to the meet. Thanks!
TEAM AWARDS TO THE TOP 4 STATE QUALIFYING TEAMS:
TOP 15 RUNNERS IN EACH RACE WILL RECEIVE AN "ALL SECTION" T-SHIRT. PODIUM FINISHING INDIVIDUALS WILL RECIEVE A MEDAL
- No discussions yet. Be the first!