Regarding tiebreakers: A maximum of 12 athletes per event will be allowed to participate at the 2021 indoor state meet.
In running events: If there is a tie for 12th place/13th place (or more/ or less) of the registered athletes for the state meet, the timer will research those running events to go to the 1/1000 th of a second to break the tie. In the event that the tie still remains, neither athlete will advance to compete at the state meet.
- Example: Registered athlete's 12th & 13th place are tied in the 60-meter dash at 7.26 seconds. The timer will find the results of the meets in which these athletes posted their times to calculate their times to the nearest 1/1000 th second. If it is determined that one athlete has 7.263 --the other 7.268, the athlete with 6.263 will advance to the state competition, but the athlete at 7.268 will not.
In field events: If there is a tie for 12th place/13th place (or more/ or less) of the registered athletes for the state meet, the ties will not be broken, and none of the athletes that are tied will be allowed to compete at the state meet.
- Example: In the high jump, registered athletes 8-14 are all tied at 5' 10". These ties cannot be
broken in a reasonable fashion. Therefore, none of these athletes will compete at the state
meet and only the top 7 will.
Qualifying Time for 4 x 400 & 4 x 800 relay teams:
The formula for figuring out relay teams is as follows:
- Add the best three 400 or 800 times together from a team.
- Divide this by 3 to find the average time for this team's 3 runners.
- Multiply this average by 4. This will tell the seed time for the relay team.
YOU MUST ENTER YOUR OWN RELAY TEAM. IF THE TEAM IS NOT ENTERED IN THE MEET IT WILL NOT BE ENTERED BY COACH HIND OR COACH SPARKS.
The top 12 seed times for all relay teams in a division that have hit the standard published in the sports book will qualify to compete at the state meet. These seed times will be figured by the following coaches and then given to the timer to add into the meet: Jeff Sparks of Northridge will figure out the 4A/5A & 6A divisions. Devon Hind of Hoover will figure out the 1A-3A & 7A divisions.
Coaches can request to view these statistics for verification any time after 2:00 pm Sunday, January 31 st and no later than 10:00 pm on Monday, February 1st by emailing: Dhind@hoover.k12.al.us or firstname.lastname@example.org