Meet Director: Joe Swagart
303 Dryer Avenue, Daphne, AL 36526
Admission: $5 per adult
Timing: FAT timing Kevin Jones PCTOA Timing
Entry Fee: $150 per school; Make all checks payable to Bayside Academy. Please visit the registration table to take care of payment and retrieve meet packet. All fees will be used to pay officials, timer, meet supplies, and medals.
Online Entries: All entries must be submitted online at al.milesplit.us
Entry deadline is Monday, April 15 at 7:00PM CDT
Entrants: There are two divisions: High School (HS: 9th12th) and Middle School (MS: 7th8th);
These divisions are set up so Middle School athletes can compete at specific heights and with specific implements for Hurdles, Discus, Shot Put, High Jump, and Pole Vault only. Otherwise, enter all 7th & 8th grade with your 9th-12th for all other events. Keep in mind, only athletes in the high school division will score.
Event Scoring: Open events (Max 3 athletes/school score): 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Relay Events : 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 (Max 1 Relay/school scores)
NOTE: Must compete in High School division to count in team scoring
Awards: Top 3 per High School Events only; No Team Awards
Field Event Standards
- Athletes in the horizontal jumps and throws will receive 3 attempts only.
- All throws will be taken two and then one time to expedite the competition. Furthest throw in first two throws, given both are legal, will be measured.
- High Jump bar will move at 2 increments.
- Pole Vault bar will move at 6 increments.
- Starting height for pole vault and high jump by gender and grade listed below:
|MS Pole Vault||6 feet||5 feet 6 inches|
|HS Pole Vault||7 feet||6 feet 6 inches|
|MS High Jump||4' 4"||3' 6"|
|HS High Jump||4' 8"||3' 10"|
Parking: All buses are asked to park at May Day Park (101 College Avenue) to allow all other parking to be used by spectators.
Spikes: 1/4 pyramid spikes only
Concessions: Concessions will be sold.
Coaching Boxes: When coaching at a field event, all coaches must be inside of the coaching box. Field officials will be instructed to ask a coach to leave if he/she cannot follow directions.
Volunteer Assignments: Each school will be responsible in providing two adult volunteers per assigned field event. Assignments will be made the week of the competition and sent to head coach by email via Alabama Runners. I am not able to find enough adequate help.
- Bayside Academy - Hurdles, High Jump, Pole Vault
- Cottage Hill - 4x100m exchange zone 1
- Fairhope - Discus
- Foley - 4x100m exchange zone 2
- Gulf Shores - Long/Triple Jump
- Millry - Javelin
- Mobile Christian - Shot Put
- Providence Christian - 4x100m exchange zone 3
2019 Admiral Invite #2: Schedule of Events
HS/MS athletes will compete in separate flights (except PV & HJ)
4:30 PM Field Events #1 (Warm-up begins as early as 4:00PM must be declared by Meet Referee & a head coach or official must be at the event)
- Shot Put (Boys first then Girls max four entries per gender per division per school)
- Discus (Girls first then Boys max four entries per gender per division per school)
- Triple Jump (Girls first then Boys)
- Pole Vault (Girls first then Boys)
- Javelin (Girls first then Boys)
TBA Field Events #2 (Warm-up begins TBA)
- High Jump (Boys first then Girls)
- Long Jump (Boys first then Girls max six entries per gender per school)
HS/MS athletes will compete in combined flights (except hurdles) based on seeded time.
- 100/110m Hurdles
- 100m Dash
- 1600m Run
- 4x100m Relay
- 400m Dash
- 300m Hurdles
- 800m Run
- 200m Dash
- 3200m Run (may run girls and boys combined)
- 4x400m Relay
- No discussions yet. Be the first!