Shot Put
01/06/2018 12:34:36 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
When was the last time one school had two shot putters throw 53' plus indoors in Alabama?
When was the last time one school had two shot putters throw 53' plus indoors in Alabama?
01/06/2018 11:29:25 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
53 is a pretty particular number....probably because of shotput yesterday. That said, the Clayton brothers from Opelika were probably close...Zach was a 56+ and seems like his brother was pretty close to that. Performances in our database were incomplete back then...so hard to tell. Next up, Central Tuscaloosa had two guys at 52+ in the 2000 state meet.
53 is a pretty particular number....probably because of shotput yesterday. That said, the Clayton brothers from Opelika were probably close...Zach was a 56+ and seems like his brother was pretty close to that. Performances in our database were incomplete back then...so hard to tell.

Next up, Central Tuscaloosa had two guys at 52+ in the 2000 state meet.
01/07/2018 6:30:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I looked up Opelikas Thrower history and don't see another Clayton or anyone throwing close to Zach up until he graduated.
I looked up Opelikas Thrower history and don't see another Clayton or anyone throwing close to Zach up until he graduated.
01/07/2018 10:09:08 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
2008 outdoor state meet: Vestavia went 1-2 in the shot. Nate Nesmith threw 56-6 and George Solujich threw 53-8.25". I remember this event well because George went from,I think, 9th place to 2nd on his last throw with about a 6' PR. I heard a huge roar from his team mates and I knew something special had happened--for Vestavia, not Hoover. We ended up losing that state meet by 2 points. I remember thinking, "I can't believe that just happened." The memory of the moment is ingrained in my mind but not those stats--I had to look them up. It was quite an accomplishment for the Rebels that day.
2008 outdoor state meet: Vestavia went 1-2 in the shot. Nate Nesmith threw 56-6 and George Solujich threw 53-8.25". I remember this event well because George went from,I think, 9th place to 2nd on his last throw with about a 6' PR. I heard a huge roar from his team mates and I knew something special had happened--for Vestavia, not Hoover. We ended up losing that state meet by 2 points. I remember thinking, "I can't believe that just happened." The memory of the moment is ingrained in my mind but not those stats--I had to look them up. It was quite an accomplishment for the Rebels that day.
01/09/2018 10:09:17 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks for the info Coach Hinds.
Thanks for the info Coach Hinds.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.