I was reading articles about Justin Gatlin and his so called record breaking performance. I don\'t know if the timing was right or not but anyways... What are the limits for HIGH school runners in each event? I mean what is th fastest someone will ever run in high school... I\'ll start with 1:44/1:45 for 800.
- all i know is, is that they robbed justin gatlin of a world record. i saw on ESPN that \"timing complications\" determined it TIED the world record of 9.77 not 9.76
- Every field event that day at the same time had wind aides added to it so I dont see why his 100m time wouldnt have time added, too.
I think that the 800m, Mile, and 3200m/2mile records are pretty safe for a while.
- What are the high school records for the 800m, Mile, and 3200m/2mile? Alan Webb has the mile, i dont know the time though.
- Alan Webb\'s record is 3:53. Gerry Lindgren holds the 2 mile w/ a 8:40.
- I think the 800m time is like 1:46, the mile is 3:53, and the two mile is like in the low 8:40\'s.
- Ritzenhein has the 3200m record with 8:41.
I believe Gerry Lindgren ran 8:36 for the full 2mile record.
- according to mile split all time rankings...1600 Meter Run
03:51.83c Webb, Alan
VA South Lakes
5/27/2001 Prefontaine Classic
3200 Meter Run
08:44.85c Landry, Christo
VA Thomas Jefferson S&T
6/18/2004 adidas Outdoor Championships
800 Meter Run
1:47.74 Webb, Alan
VA South Lakes
6/2/2001 VHSL Group AAA State Meet
- You guys are a little off on the 2 mile record. I ll go ahead and list all the records per the track and field news website.
2 mile-8:36.3 1979
As you can see most of the records are pretty old. No record is unbreakable, but its going to take an incredible athlete to break any of the current marks. The 2 mile has to be one of the the most impressive as two of the greatest high school distance runners ever (Webb and Ritz) never got within 5 seconds of it. Take some shots at how much faster you think people might one day run, but I\'d be shocked if anyone ever runs much under these marks in high school.
- Didnt Rupp set the 5k record with a 13:37 this past summer?
- Yep you are right, rupp ran 1337. The track and field news site google sent me to was last updated in 2003. Rupp also set the records for 2k and 3k that year.
- what tha fizzuck 44.69 in high school thats crazy
- one dude from n.carolina j-mee samuels was pretty close to breakin a record last year. he graduated and signed with arkansas. in 2004, during the aau regionals, i was about to run in the 400 hurdles and i saw him run the 100 and the dudes time was a 10.25 and he ran a 20.88 in the 200. i think they said he ran a 10.08 or something like it last year, but it\'s possible to break these old high school records.