AHSAA State Track and Field 4A-7A 2018

• Tim Loreman
    Site Admin
    PRO
    loremtr
    Monday or Tuesday. The process of importing all of the backups and then processing Wildcards takes a little while. Xpress gets them to me as quickly as possible and calls me to let me know they are coming so I dont miss them.
  • Justin Ingram
    Coach
    CoachJIngram
    @loremtr then I ask why is the state Meet not pushed back a week? Especially if you have athletes who qualify as a wildcard and it takes time to see who all made it to State. A coach may have to tell an athlete on Monday evening or Tuesday morning that they qualified for State. Then have to leave the next day to get down there in time for their event depending on where they have to drive from.
  • Tim Loreman
    Site Admin
    PRO
    loremtr
    It's pretty easy to figure out most wildcards these days. Look at the top 5 in the events in question from each section.... then figure out the next best 4 across sections that are above minimums.
  • Power User
    PRO
    jterino Edited
    @ccline24 All registration is done by the Sectional Meet Director. See page 225 of the AHSAA Sports Book: "Each section director must send a complete backup of the section meet results to xpress28@ aol.com no later than 10 a.m. Sunday. By 1 p.m. Monday, a performance list with wild card qualifiers included will be posted on the AHSAA (www.ahsaa.com) and Alabama Runners (www.alabamarunners.com) websites. It is the responsibility of each coach and athlete to check these lists for wild card qualifiers. Participants may be scratched from an event and still be eligible for any other everts in which he/she has been entered. If a participant who qualififes [sic] in an individual event of a section meet cannot compete in the state meet, the coach must notify the section director who must notify Xpress Timing. Any athlete advancing to the state meet after 1 p.m. Monday will be notified by his/ her coach, whose section director has forwarded the notification from Xpress Timing. No changes will be accepted after 12:00 noon on Tuesday for state competition. Complete, printable heat sheets will also be posted on the websites mentioned above no later than noon Wednesday. No replacements are permitted on the day of the state meet." Naturally, the Sports Book can be found on the AHSAA.com website under the Publications/Forms Tab by selecting 2017-18 Sports Book and then rolling over the Outdoor Track Tab.
  • Power User
    PRO
    jterino
    @kmahaffey See the Sports Book, page 225: "If a participant who qualififes [sic] in an individual event of a section meet cannot compete in the state meet, the coach must notify the section director who must notify Xpress Timing. Any athlete advancing to the state meet after 1 p.m. Monday will be notified by his/ her coach, whose section director has forwarded the notification from Xpress Timing. No changes will be accepted after 12:00 noon on Tuesday for state competition. Complete, printable heat sheets will also be posted on the websites mentioned above no later than noon Wednesday. No replacements are permitted on the day of the state meet."