AHSAA XC State Championship 2017

• John McGinnis
    Coach
    PRO
    johnmcginnis
    Is it necessary to register the individual runners for the State championship? For example, our girls' team qualified, but do I need to indicate which 10 girls will run at state? Or do they automatically register the 10 who ran at sectionals?
  • Site Admin
    PRO
    jterino Edited
    If you are talking about your team, Cornerstone, it looks like you have 9 girls entered. Per the AHSAA Sports Book, 7. Schools may substitute team members between the section and state meets. If you have substitutes or additions to get to 10 runners, the maximum you can enter, you need to follow the instructions listed on the meet page on Alabama Runners and in the Sports Book: SUBSTITUTIONS:
    May be made before midnight on Wednesday, Nov. 8 by email to: xpress28@aol.com

or get in touch with the Meet Director or Referee DIRECTOR Dewaye Key, Phone: 256-767-1203 MEET REFEREE: Houston Young Phone: 334-413-4309 (cell) Email: houston211@hotmail.com
  • John McGinnis
    Coach
    PRO
    johnmcginnis
    Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, our team (Cornerstone Schools of AL) is planning to bring the same nine girls who ran at the sectional meet plus the one boy who qualified individually. I saw in the Sports book that we can enter up to 10 per division, correct? What do you mean by "Per the AHSAA Sports Book, 7?" Thank you for your time and help for a new coach!
  • John McGinnis
    Coach
    PRO
    johnmcginnis
    Ah, I think I understand your meaning. Are you referring to special rule #7 (regarding substitutions) when you say "Per the AHSAA Sports book, 7?" (and not referring to the number of entries?) Just wanting to make sure we have our runners properly entered and that we can bring the 9 girls and one boy who qualified at sectionals.
  • Site Admin
    PRO
    jterino
    Your team and the individual boy is already entered. The entry list was published yesterday on Alabama Runners and they are all on it.