Edit Entries
10/16/2018 12:31:22 PM
Coach
I have entered my school in the meet but when I click to add my team in under 3A Girls and 3A boys it will only allow me to enter in 7A Girls and Boys.
I have entered my school in the meet but when I click to add my team in under 3A Girls and 3A boys it will only allow me to enter in 7A Girls and Boys.
10/16/2018 12:39:42 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
Fixed
Fixed
10/16/2018 3:32:39 PM
Coach
@CoachNorton Thank you!
@CoachNorton Thank you!
10/19/2018 10:12:04 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Coach - I know it an unusual feature of AHSAA that allows “combined” meets. However both my girls and boys are fighting either for the regional championship or state qualification and a combined meet makes it next to impossible for my kids to figure out who they are racing against!!!!
Coach - I know it an unusual feature of AHSAA that allows "combined" meets. However both my girls and boys are fighting either for the regional championship or state qualification and a combined meet makes it next to impossible for my kids to figure out who they are racing against!!!!
10/23/2018 7:51:57 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@stafford22554 I totally agree with you we need individual races for each area 3A shouldn’t have to race with 6A and 7A at sectionals...like you said it will be to hard to tell who their racing against.
@stafford22554
I totally agree with you we need individual races for each area 3A shouldn't have to race with 6A and 7A at sectionals...like you said it will be to hard to tell who their racing against.
10/23/2018 9:44:46 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
It will be hard, in a sense, but it is not impossible. More incentive to make sure your team has distinctive uniforms. On the plus side, it virtually guarantees that the race will be a real race. It will not be a slower tactical contest because there will be more fast runners to ensure that the pace is honest and that will pull the whole field to fast times. This helps replicate the state meet in that sense. Finally, it means that all the runners will be in an important race. If there are 6 races, instead of 2, one classification has to go last, another in the middle, and another first with the same for the other gender. This lengthens race day for the teams that travel a long distance, on a school day that is sandwiched between two other school days. It means that the fans will not be giving the same attention to all races. With a single boys race and a single girls race, there are more fans cheering for the only 2 races of the day. Results and awards are done faster and the whole day is compressed, to the advantage of fans and competitors alike. With multiple races at the same location, all that is diluted. Although there will be only one true winner of each race, the faster times usually make up for that.
It will be hard, in a sense, but it is not impossible. More incentive to make sure your team has distinctive uniforms. On the plus side, it virtually guarantees that the race will be a real race. It will not be a slower tactical contest because there will be more fast runners to ensure that the pace is honest and that will pull the whole field to fast times. This helps replicate the state meet in that sense. Finally, it means that all the runners will be in an important race. If there are 6 races, instead of 2, one classification has to go last, another in the middle, and another first with the same for the other gender. This lengthens race day for the teams that travel a long distance, on a school day that is sandwiched between two other school days. It means that the fans will not be giving the same attention to all races. With a single boys race and a single girls race, there are more fans cheering for the only 2 races of the day. Results and awards are done faster and the whole day is compressed, to the advantage of fans and competitors alike. With multiple races at the same location, all that is diluted. Although there will be only one true winner of each race, the faster times usually make up for that.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.